We recommend

Community Meals

  • The Community Meals service is provided in partnership with the Womens Royal Voluntary Service (WRVS). WRVS provide both a hot meals service and a frozen meals service up to seven days a week. They offer quality food and a wide variety of choice. Food is delivered in specially equipped vans. This means that food is delivered fresh and at the right temperature.

    To access or find out more about Community Meals you can contact Social Care Direct. Use the contact link below or telephone: 0845 8 503 503.Alternatively you can contact WRVS by clicking on the 'Related Link' or telephoning them on: 01226 729515
  • Frozen Meals Service
  • Hot Meals Service.

Welcome To The Signpost

Welcome to The Signpost. This is where we try and help you connect up with the things that might be helpful for you.

First Stop Advice for Older People

First Stop Advice is a new free comprehensive one stop advisory service for older people, their families and carers covering housing, care, money and rights. One call to the advice line on 0800 377 70 70 or one visit to the First Stop Care Advice website brings together the skills of four highly experienced organisations working in partnership for the benefit of older people, these include, Help the Aged, Elderly Accommodation Counsel, Counsel and Care and NHFA Care Advice.

Three Towns Community Bus

Free for anyone without transport living in South Kirkby, South Elmsall or Upton. The bus has a different itinerary every month with excursions to places such as Castleford Freeport (Junction 32), White Rose Centre, Leeds and many more. For an itinerary and to book a place contact the Three Towns Community Bus on 01977 652211 or 07733893206

Housing Information

Wakefield Housing Advice Team

The Housing Advice Team offer advice and advocacy on housing and housing related problems, include dealing with tenancy problems, disrepair, harassment and unlawful eviction, mortgage and rent arrears, dealing with debt, entitlement to benefits. They also offer representation in the County Court for mortgage and rent arrears.You can contact them by Phone: 01924 302085 or by Fax: 01924 302097 or by email at housingadvice@wakefield.gov.uk

Adapting Homes.

If you have a disability or a long-standing illness which stops you from carrying out everyday tasks in your home the Adaptations Service may be able to help you. The service can give advice, provide equipment and / or adapt your home to help you as well as offer advice about financial help with major adaptations through a Disabled Facilities Grant or other funding alternatives.You, a member of your family or a friend can contact the Adaptations Service directly to request an initial assessment on: Tel: 01924 304550, Fax: 01924 304544 or by e-mail at: adaptationsservice@wakefield.gov.uk

Wakefield Citizens Advice Bureaux.

The Citizens Advice service provides free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to everyone on their rights and responsibilities. They operate a variety of different services including a debt advice service and a telephone service as well as drop in advice sessions in Pontefract, Featherstone, Normanton and South Elmsall. You can contact their Advice Service on 0844 499 4138 or you can contact the district office by email at districtoffice@wakefielddistrictcab.co.uk

Where I Live

If you live in the Wakefield area and need to find out information about when your bin collection is, who your councillor is and other related information then click HERE